The history of Zulu clan names is one of our most popular topics on Ulwazi, so we thought that we would provide the links to some of the names that our resident expert, Mbusiswa Jerry Zuma, has researched recently. Follow the links below to read about the histories of the Bhengu, Sibisi and Msane clans […]
The township of KwaMashu is named after Sir Marshall Campbell (1848-1917), the farmer who owned the land on which KwaMashu now stands. But things in the area have changed significantly since the days when sugar cane was farmed on the land – KwaMashu was one of Durban’s first townships to emerge in the 1950s with the implementation of the […]
It’s great to see local stories coming alive on the stage. While Andrew Lloyd Weber and musicals the likes of Cats and Les Miserables are incredible to watch, it’s wonderful to see local productions making waves in the same arena. Durban-born Neil Coppen is currently in New York pitching his concept for Lazarus Man at the 2015 International Society for the […]
- Afro-Freedom Bookclub January 27, 2015
- Jerry’s Stories January 22, 2015
- KwaMashu: Moving Forward January 20, 2015
- Back from the Dead! January 15, 2015
- Neli’s Stories: December January 13, 2015
- Amaphupho nezincazelo zawo June 22, 2012
- Request for information on the Majola clan May 18, 2012
- Izithakazelo June 19, 2012
- Research Masters students in Local Economic Development or Idigenous Knowledge December 15, 2009
- Mafukuzela Day at Ohlange High School, Inanda March 3, 2011
- nhalanhla: Bengicela ningitholela umlando. Wakwamaphumulo nem...
- Ulwazi Web Editor: Thanks for the compliment, Neliswa!...
- Neliswa: Hi gys i really apretiate the info that you always...
- Bonga- Ngcitshana: Ndicela ukwazi ngokubanzi.Kaloku ngoNgcitshana,Dos...
- wendy mortimer: what happens at a funeral in england of a zulu lad...