The Durban Short Film Challenge is an exhilarating filmmaking competition organized by the Durban Youth in Film Society, which takes place from May 24 to June 15, and is showcased at the Durban International Film Festival from July 22 to August 1, 2010. The challenge is open to all South African Film-makers. Participating teams have [...]
Archive | May, 2010
This month’s new submissions from our volunteer field-workers: Sports Day for eThekwini Wards Mariannridge Musician:Golden Isiqatha or Shakes Skipping Game:Eight o’ Clock is Striking Umlando wesizwe saseMbo Izinhlobo zezinkomo Ukuma kwezimpondo zezinkomo Zulu beliefs about the Chameleon Zulu beliefs about the Praying Mantis KwaMashu Hostel, Durban
Thabo Dladla, Conti Khubeka and Zeph Mthembu on the potential impact of the 2010 World Cup on grassroots soccer in South Africa. All three men are former professional players now coaching youths. What does 2010 mean to these elders of the game? Will the tournament address the legacy of apartheid and the new challenges of [...]
Mwelela Cele interviews Ela Gandhi as part of the Memories of Inanda documentary, produced for the eThekwini Municipality’s Ulwazi Programme. Ela discusses her grandfather Mahatma Gandhi, the Phoenix Settlement and her work as an activist and politician. Ela Gandhi (born July 1, 1940), granddaughter of Mahatma Gandhi is a peace activist and was a Member [...]
The Ulwazi Programme featured in the ITWeb Brainstorm magazine’s special feature on priorities in the public sector. The article also looked at the eThekwini Municipality’s smart city strategy and its Smart Exchange initiative. Click here to read an extract from the article …
- Amaphupho nezincazelo zawo June 22, 2012
- Izithakazelo June 19, 2012
- Request for information on the Majola clan May 18, 2012
- Research Masters students in Local Economic Development or Idigenous Knowledge December 15, 2009
- Mafukuzela Day at Ohlange High School, Inanda March 3, 2011
- South Africa To Launch National Traditional Knowledge Recording System May 14, 2013
- Tokoloshe / Tikoloshe (evil spirit) May 10, 2013
- New Manager of Durban International Film Festival Announced May 10, 2013
- IsiZulu idioms May 9, 2013
- Sounds of Durban May 8, 2013
- Zibuyile Msani: Ngingawutholaphi umlando wakwa Msani ophelele ngic...
- bongiwe: pliz lemme knw izithakazelo zakwa Luthuli.....
- SIMPHIWE: Please kwabanolwazi ngezithakazo zakwaGama nomlan...
- Adelaide Goba: I was listening to Mr Goba,s interview,and I felt ...
- sphe: Ngcela ukwaz iythakazelo zakwa Mbuyisa...