Kwa Mashu is a home to people from different walks of life and most especially people who were relocated from Umkhumbane (Cato Manor) back the 1960’s. When most of the people were relocated they strived to start small business through which they could earn a basic living. Thus the Emahawini business units which are located [...]
Archive | October, 2010
Workshop in South Africa Ulwazi fieldwokers – funding is available for transport and accommodation for this workshop in Johannesburg. See below for more information. The second international Digital Natives Workshop “My Bubble, My Space, My Voice” will be held in Johannesburg from 7 to 9 November 2010. Some frequently asked questions regarding the upcoming [...]
Ask most people who they think of when you say “South Africa” and “peacemaker” and the answer is most likely to be Nelson Mandela, or perhaps Desmond Tutu. Some people might even recall South Africa’s two other Nobel Peace Prize laureates, FW de Klerk and Chief Albert Luthuli. But few will come up with the [...]
A mobile digital revolution is sweeping Africa and the Ulwazi Programme has recognised this. If the knowledge and stories we collect are to be relevant to the communities we serve, then this information needs to be accessible through mobile devices. Not everyone has a computer with access to the internet but most people have access [...]
- Amaphupho nezincazelo zawo June 22, 2012
- Izithakazelo June 19, 2012
- Request for information on the Majola clan May 18, 2012
- Research Masters students in Local Economic Development or Idigenous Knowledge December 15, 2009
- Mafukuzela Day at Ohlange High School, Inanda March 3, 2011
- South Africa To Launch National Traditional Knowledge Recording System May 14, 2013
- Tokoloshe / Tikoloshe (evil spirit) May 10, 2013
- New Manager of Durban International Film Festival Announced May 10, 2013
- IsiZulu idioms May 9, 2013
- Sounds of Durban May 8, 2013
- Zibuyile Msani: Ngingawutholaphi umlando wakwa Msani ophelele ngic...
- bongiwe: pliz lemme knw izithakazelo zakwa Luthuli.....
- SIMPHIWE: Please kwabanolwazi ngezithakazo zakwaGama nomlan...
- Adelaide Goba: I was listening to Mr Goba,s interview,and I felt ...
- sphe: Ngcela ukwaz iythakazelo zakwa Mbuyisa...