It’s been said that when an elder dies, it’s as if a library is burned. Anthropologist Elizabeth Lindsey, a National Geographic Fellow, collects the deep cultural knowledge passed down as stories and lore.
Archive | February, 2011
The recently retired Constitutional Court judge, Justice Albie Sachs, is to deliver the keynote address at the opening of the Time of the Writer festival in Durban on 14th March. In keeping with the festival’s focus on Freedom of Expression, the title of Justice Sachs’ address is FREE SPIRITS AND RAVAGED SOULS – Tensions at [...]
We are designing an educational poster to promote the Ulwazi Programme and would like to ‘crowd-source’ appropriate images from our community. If you have images that illustrate rural Durban, the intersection between traditional life and technology, or cellphone use in South Africa, please contact us to have your image included in our poster.
- Amaphupho nezincazelo zawo June 22, 2012
- Izithakazelo June 19, 2012
- Request for information on the Majola clan May 18, 2012
- Research Masters students in Local Economic Development or Idigenous Knowledge December 15, 2009
- Mafukuzela Day at Ohlange High School, Inanda March 3, 2011
- South Africa To Launch National Traditional Knowledge Recording System May 14, 2013
- Tokoloshe / Tikoloshe (evil spirit) May 10, 2013
- New Manager of Durban International Film Festival Announced May 10, 2013
- IsiZulu idioms May 9, 2013
- Sounds of Durban May 8, 2013
- Zibuyile Msani: Ngingawutholaphi umlando wakwa Msani ophelele ngic...
- bongiwe: pliz lemme knw izithakazelo zakwa Luthuli.....
- SIMPHIWE: Please kwabanolwazi ngezithakazo zakwaGama nomlan...
- Adelaide Goba: I was listening to Mr Goba,s interview,and I felt ...
- sphe: Ngcela ukwaz iythakazelo zakwa Mbuyisa...