Umemulo is an event which is done by parents for their daughter. Once a girl reaches the age of then this event may take place. Read more about it in our entry on Umemulo in the Community Memory …
Archive | May, 2011
Andrew Zondo went to school at Nhlakanipho High School where he was an active member of the debate society. Born into a Christian family, with his father a preacher, Zondo was face to face with the poverty and deprivation that many of his neighbours were subjected to. He joined the ANC and underground operatives in [...]
Sihle Mbongwa was a member of the African National Congress’ military wing, Umkhonto we Sizwe in 1977. Mbongwa was arrested for his MK involvement and sentenced to 12 years on Robben Island, completing his law degree during this time. He worked in various State institutions after his release in 1991, and also served on the [...]
Linda Nzama activist in KwaMashu. He left South Africa after the 1976 uprisings, joining the ANC and training as uMkhonto Wesizwe.. After his return he was based in Durban where he operated a number of underground activities including youth mobilisation. In 1981 he drowned, but his death was suspicious and some people feel he was [...]
Henry “Mthofozigidi” Khumalo was a professional soccer player. Mthofozigidi played for African Wanderers and Orlando Pirates between 1976 and 1984. He died in 2010.
- Amaphupho nezincazelo zawo June 22, 2012
- Izithakazelo June 19, 2012
- Request for information on the Majola clan May 18, 2012
- Research Masters students in Local Economic Development or Idigenous Knowledge December 15, 2009
- Mafukuzela Day at Ohlange High School, Inanda March 3, 2011
- South Africa To Launch National Traditional Knowledge Recording System May 14, 2013
- Tokoloshe / Tikoloshe (evil spirit) May 10, 2013
- New Manager of Durban International Film Festival Announced May 10, 2013
- IsiZulu idioms May 9, 2013
- Sounds of Durban May 8, 2013
- Zibuyile Msani: Ngingawutholaphi umlando wakwa Msani ophelele ngic...
- bongiwe: pliz lemme knw izithakazelo zakwa Luthuli.....
- SIMPHIWE: Please kwabanolwazi ngezithakazo zakwaGama nomlan...
- Adelaide Goba: I was listening to Mr Goba,s interview,and I felt ...
- sphe: Ngcela ukwaz iythakazelo zakwa Mbuyisa...