Andrew Zondo went to school at Nhlakanipho High School where he was an active member of the debate society. Born into a Christian family, with his father a preacher, Zondo was face to face with the poverty and deprivation that many of his neighbours were subjected to. He joined the ANC and underground operatives in early 1980s. Zondo operated as a member of the Butterfly Unit and was responsible for planting a bomb in Amanzimtoti on 22 December 1985, for which he was convicted and sentenced to death. He was executed in 1986.
Andrew Zondo – kwaMashu Heroes and Heroines
- Naming Invasive Alien Plants in Zulu March 6, 2014
- An African Mecca March 4, 2014
- We Love Durban! February 27, 2014
- MuseuMAfricA February 25, 2014
- The Story of SA History February 20, 2014
- Amaphupho nezincazelo zawo June 22, 2012
- Request for information on the Majola clan May 18, 2012
- Izithakazelo June 19, 2012
- Research Masters students in Local Economic Development or Idigenous Knowledge December 15, 2009
- Mafukuzela Day at Ohlange High School, Inanda March 3, 2011
- Musa Kubheka: Thanks for giving us this information. I notice...
- andy: Kusho ukuthini ukuphupha umlungu wesifazane enqunu...
- Skhumbuzo: uMathula kwakuyindoda yakwaSkhakhane eyayikhule ih...
- Sanele mbuyisa: Ngicela ukwazi izithakazelo nomlando wakwa Mbuyisa...
- Anele Machanyana: Andizukulandela ukusukela kuSibiside kakhulu kodwa...
2010 amaphupho Anton Lembede Clan Praises COP17 Durban Durban International Film Festival Durban Sings Ela Gandhi featured Gcina Mhlophe Heritage Day heritage map ICT IKS Imagine Durban inanda indigenous games indigenous knowledge indigenous people indigenous plants Izibongo izithakazelo John Dube living legends Lulu Dube Memories of Inanda museum Nelson Mandela peter machen research Sangoma Shembe soccer South African Indians Surnames technology Time of the Writer traditional medicine Ulwazi Umbumbulu Unesco wiki Zulu Zulu wedding
Highway Africa New Media Award
The Ulwazi Programme was runner-up at the 2012 Highway Africa New Media Awards, in the category 'Community Engagement with Technology'.