Andrew Zondo went to school at Nhlakanipho High School where he was an active member of the debate society. Born into a Christian family, with his father a preacher, Zondo was face to face with the poverty and deprivation that many of his neighbours were subjected to. He joined the ANC and underground operatives in early 1980s. Zondo operated as a member of the Butterfly Unit and was responsible for planting a bomb in Amanzimtoti on 22 December 1985, for which he was convicted and sentenced to death. He was executed in 1986.
Andrew Zondo – kwaMashu Heroes and Heroines
- A Guide to eNanda April 22, 2014
- Happy Easter & Safe Travels! April 17, 2014
- Electric Jive April 15, 2014
- Township Yogi April 10, 2014
- Salt March 2014 April 8, 2014
- Amaphupho nezincazelo zawo June 22, 2012
- Request for information on the Majola clan May 18, 2012
- Izithakazelo June 19, 2012
- Research Masters students in Local Economic Development or Idigenous Knowledge December 15, 2009
- Mafukuzela Day at Ohlange High School, Inanda March 3, 2011
- thanduyise: the thing is we all need to know where do we come ...
- Ulwazi Web Editor: Thanks so much Musa! We've amended the article so...
- petros: Ngicela ningithumele izithakazelo zakwaMthonti kan...
- Grant: I wrote my Master's thesis on the Shembe church. ...
- Musa Kubheka: Thanks for giving us this information. I notice...
2010 amaphupho Anton Lembede arts Clan Praises COP17 Durban Durban International Film Festival Durban Sings Ela Gandhi eNanda Online featured Heritage Day heritage map ICT IKS Imagine Durban inanda indigenous games indigenous knowledge Indigenous music indigenous people indigenous plants Izibongo izithakazelo KwaMashu living legends Memories of Inanda museum Music Nelson Mandela peter machen research Sangoma Shembe soccer Surnames technology Time of the Writer traditional medicine Ulwazi Umbumbulu wiki Zulu Zulu wedding
Highway Africa New Media Award
The Ulwazi Programme was runner-up at the 2012 Highway Africa New Media Awards, in the category 'Community Engagement with Technology'.