Andrew Zondo went to school at Nhlakanipho High School where he was an active member of the debate society. Born into a Christian family, with his father a preacher, Zondo was face to face with the poverty and deprivation that many of his neighbours were subjected to. He joined the ANC and underground operatives in early 1980s. Zondo operated as a member of the Butterfly Unit and was responsible for planting a bomb in Amanzimtoti on 22 December 1985, for which he was convicted and sentenced to death. He was executed in 1986.
Andrew Zondo – kwaMashu Heroes and Heroines
- Mandela Day July 22, 2014
- Durban Then and Now July 8, 2014
- No Longer at This Address July 2, 2014
- Nqobile’s Stories: June June 26, 2014
- Funda Nenja June 24, 2014
- Amaphupho nezincazelo zawo June 22, 2012
- Request for information on the Majola clan May 18, 2012
- Izithakazelo June 19, 2012
- Research Masters students in Local Economic Development or Idigenous Knowledge December 15, 2009
- Mafukuzela Day at Ohlange High School, Inanda March 3, 2011
- sibusiso: Ngicela onolwazi angisize ngiphupha engathi ngiham...
- goodwill: Hi I collect rare music [soul, pop, jazz etc.],...
- Zenzele: aniphendulwa kumaphupho enu bangani - thumela iphu...
- Fiso: Dear Sir/Madam I fiso Jama ha just graduated as...
- sonto: Ngiphuphe ngihambisa ingane yami e creche leyo nga...
2010 amaphupho Apartheid arts Clan Praises COP17 Dreams Durban Durban International Film Festival Ela Gandhi eNanda Online featured Heritage Day heritage map ICT IKS Imagine Durban inanda indigenous games indigenous knowledge Indigenous music indigenous people indigenous plants Izibongo izithakazelo John Dube KwaMashu living legends Mahatma Gandhi Memories of Inanda museum Music Nelson Mandela peter machen Sangoma Shembe soccer Surnames technology traditional medicine Ulwazi Umbumbulu wiki Zulu Zulu wedding
Highway Africa New Media Award
The Ulwazi Programme was runner-up at the 2012 Highway Africa New Media Awards, in the category 'Community Engagement with Technology'.