Throughout history people have been fascinated by their genealogy, and nowhere is this more true than in KwaZulu-Natal. The acknowledgement of ancestors is very much a part of Zulu culture, often forming an integral part of ceremonies. Forefathers are acknowledged by way of Zulu names, with each surname having a praise name, or isithakazelo, showing the genealogy, relation and […]
Tag Archives | Clan Praises
Questions about the meanings of people’s dreams, and the histories behind clan names are far and away the most popular topics on Ulwazi. Dreams are always fascinating, but it’s also nice to know that people are wanting to stay connected to their personal family stories – as the world moves forward, we tend to leave […]
- The Black Sash: 60 Years On May 19, 2015
- South Africa: The Most Beautiful Country in the World May 14, 2015
- The Nguni Project May 12, 2015
- Jerry’s Stories: April May 5, 2015
- 67 Blankets: An Update April 30, 2015
- Amaphupho nezincazelo zawo June 22, 2012
- Request for information on the Majola clan May 18, 2012
- Izithakazelo June 19, 2012
- Research Masters students in Local Economic Development or Idigenous Knowledge December 15, 2009
- Jerry’s Stories January 22, 2015
- nomathemba: Kuneminyaka emibili ngiphupha emlonyeni ngiphuma i...
- Jabu Amos Nhlapo: Hi If u need something I will send it Than...
- Jabu Amos Nhlapo: E Mbonane, E Mwelase, E Sigegede, E Nongombili ...
- hloniphani majola: yebo ngyavuma ukuth uMajola , Mchunu kanye NONgqul...
- Ulwazi Web Editor: Sawubona Thandeka, Siyabonga ngombuzo wakho kodw...