Proverbs are found in all languages. They act as colourful lessons, offering advice that’s passed down from generation to generation in the guise of a clever sentence or two. In English there is a well-known saying, ‘Too many cooks spoil the broth’, implying that some things are better done alone. The Zulu equivalent, as explained […]
Tag Archives | Clan Praises
Throughout history people have been fascinated by their genealogy, and nowhere is this more true than in KwaZulu-Natal. The acknowledgement of ancestors is very much a part of Zulu culture, often forming an integral part of ceremonies. Forefathers are acknowledged by way of Zulu names, with each surname having a praise name, or isithakazelo, showing the genealogy, relation and […]
- Preserving Culture Through Language June 29, 2015
- The White Zulu June 25, 2015
- Jerry’s Stories: June June 23, 2015
- Youth Day 2015 June 15, 2015
- Tiki Nxumalo: 1950-2015 June 11, 2015
- Amaphupho nezincazelo zawo June 22, 2012
- Request for information on the Majola clan May 18, 2012
- Izithakazelo June 19, 2012
- IsiZulu idioms May 9, 2013
- Research Masters students in Local Economic Development or Idigenous Knowledge December 15, 2009
- Ulwazi Web Editor: Mandla, Please click on this link http://ulwazi....
- Ulwazi Web Editor: Sawubona Mandla, Sizocela usiphe isikhathi sizoz...
- Ulwazi Web Editor: Sawubona Thokozani, Siyaxolisa we cant help you ...
- Thokozani Dube: Cam you please send me izothakazela zakwa Dube but...
- Mandla Kunene: Sihlobana kanjani thina bakwa Kunene nabakwa Msane...