This is a list of IsiZulu idioms by Nelisiwe Hlongwane. Ukudla mfundambili njengemboma: Ukufuna izinto zonke zibe ngezakho, ukuba yigovu Ukubuya nempande yesikhova: Usuke ungazuzanga lutho Ukufinya ngolimi njengenkomo: Ukweswela izinto eziwusizo, ukuba hlwempu Ukusenga ezimithiyo: Ukuqamba amanga Ukudla wesulele phansi njengenkukhu: Ukwenza izinto ube uphika Ukuqaphe eqolo njengonwabu: Ukuqikelela noma iyiphi ingozi engase ikwehlele Ukuba [...]
Archive | New Submissions RSS feed for this section
Information and communication technology (ICT) has changed the lives of billions of people across the world. But in many countries, women and girls are being left behind. Recent research (2012) by the technology company, Intel, found that nearly 25% fewer women than men living in developing countries have access to the internet. In sub-Saharan Africa, this number [...]
The Ulwazi Programme is mentioned in a new project of the Goethe Insitut, Word of Mouth. From their website: Many African countries are strongly informed by orality, meaning that their cultural and literary forms of expression are often based on storytelling, verbal and oral traditions. Thus, knowledge is usually produced and passed on via word [...]
The latest version of Durban – A paradise and its people, written by Peter Machen and produced by the eThekwini Municipality, is now available from durban.gov.za. The book is a guide to Durban, with sections on arts, culture and heritage as well as the economy and geography of the region. Click here to read it …
Izingane emshadweni kwakuyinto ebalulekile ngoba kwakwaziwa ukuthi umuzi uzoqhubeka udlodlobale kwande isibongo somuzi ikakhulukazi uma kuyizingane zabafana. Kwakwenzeka ukuthi umakoti abenenkinga yokungabatholi abantwana. Ziningi izinto ezazenziwa ukuthi asizakale njengokuthi wayelashwa noma kucelwe nasemadlozini ukuthi amsize akwazi ukukhulelwa. Kunezinkolelo eziningi ezihambisana nokukhulelwa komuntu ngezinto noma ngendlela ekufanele aziphathe ngayo ngesikhathi leso. Kanjalo nomuntu owayesefuna umntwana naye [...]
- Amaphupho nezincazelo zawo June 22, 2012
- Izithakazelo June 19, 2012
- Request for information on the Majola clan May 18, 2012
- Research Masters students in Local Economic Development or Idigenous Knowledge December 15, 2009
- Mafukuzela Day at Ohlange High School, Inanda March 3, 2011
- South Africa To Launch National Traditional Knowledge Recording System May 14, 2013
- Tokoloshe / Tikoloshe (evil spirit) May 10, 2013
- New Manager of Durban International Film Festival Announced May 10, 2013
- IsiZulu idioms May 9, 2013
- Sounds of Durban May 8, 2013
- Zibuyile Msani: Ngingawutholaphi umlando wakwa Msani ophelele ngic...
- bongiwe: pliz lemme knw izithakazelo zakwa Luthuli.....
- SIMPHIWE: Please kwabanolwazi ngezithakazo zakwaGama nomlan...
- Adelaide Goba: I was listening to Mr Goba,s interview,and I felt ...
- sphe: Ngcela ukwaz iythakazelo zakwa Mbuyisa...