The Ulwazi Programme website had its best month yet in January, receiving 22,235 visitors. This was the most visitors the website has received since its launch five years ago! These visitors accessed 41,499 pages. Most visitors found the Ulwazi website through search engines, with Google being the major entry point. With no budget for promotion, all the [...]
Archive | Ulwazi Programme RSS feed for this section
The Ulwazi Programme had a visit from Luthuli Museum research officer Kristy Stone, who attended our programme meeting on Friday, where community journalists shared the stories they had been working on. The Luthuli Museum is starting a similar community history project in Groutville and Kristy came to see how we operated. Let’s hope she learnt [...]
Jo-Anne Duggan and Mbongiseni Buthelezi from the Archival Platform recently visited KwaZulu-Natal and chatted to Niall McNulty about the Ulwazi Programme. Our journeys of learning about the archival sector continue to take us to different towns and cities around the country. In November, Jo-Anne Duggan and I visited KwaZulu-Natal (KZN). The trip began with my [...]
The Ulwazi Programme has partnered with Imagine Durban to bring heritage sites to their Green Map project. They are having a workshop next week to encourage community participation in the mapping process, see below for details. Imagine Durban invites you to a workshop and brainstorming session on how you can benefit from the eThekwini Green [...]
The Ulwazi Programme is highlighted in the Winter 2012 Carnegie Review, under a section called ‘Preserving Cultural Heritage’. From the review: The Ulwazi Program is an initiative of the eThekwini Municipal Library to preserve the indigenous knowledge of local communities in the greater Durban area. This innovation, developed and implemented by the software applications section [...]
- Amaphupho nezincazelo zawo June 22, 2012
- Izithakazelo June 19, 2012
- Request for information on the Majola clan May 18, 2012
- Research Masters students in Local Economic Development or Idigenous Knowledge December 15, 2009
- Mafukuzela Day at Ohlange High School, Inanda March 3, 2011
- South Africa To Launch National Traditional Knowledge Recording System May 14, 2013
- Tokoloshe / Tikoloshe (evil spirit) May 10, 2013
- New Manager of Durban International Film Festival Announced May 10, 2013
- IsiZulu idioms May 9, 2013
- Sounds of Durban May 8, 2013
- Zibuyile Msani: Ngingawutholaphi umlando wakwa Msani ophelele ngic...
- bongiwe: pliz lemme knw izithakazelo zakwa Luthuli.....
- SIMPHIWE: Please kwabanolwazi ngezithakazo zakwaGama nomlan...
- Adelaide Goba: I was listening to Mr Goba,s interview,and I felt ...
- sphe: Ngcela ukwaz iythakazelo zakwa Mbuyisa...