In recognition of National Women’s Day (9th August), we’re highlighting a few remarkable women from the eThekwini Municipality. Lulu Dube, the only surviving daughter of John Langalibalele Dube was born in 1931 at Ohlange. The eldest was Namagugu, followed by Sobantu, and then Lulu. The youngest sibling was Sipho; all of them are now deceased. Their mother was Angeline Dube, [...]
Tag Archives | Ela Gandhi
A page on Ela Gandhi has been created on the Ulwazi Community Memory. This includes a biography, an interview from the Memories of Inanda web documentary and a gallery of images. Ela Gandhi was born in Durban as the youngest daughter of Manilal and Sushila Gandhi. Her father, who was Gandhi’s second son, returned from [...]
Mwelela Cele interviews Ela Gandhi as part of the Memories of Inanda documentary, produced for the eThekwini Municipality’s Ulwazi Programme. Ela discusses her grandfather Mahatma Gandhi, the Phoenix Settlement and her work as an activist and politician. Ela Gandhi (born July 1, 1940), granddaughter of Mahatma Gandhi is a peace activist and was a Member [...]
- Amaphupho nezincazelo zawo June 22, 2012
- Izithakazelo June 19, 2012
- Request for information on the Majola clan May 18, 2012
- Research Masters students in Local Economic Development or Idigenous Knowledge December 15, 2009
- Mafukuzela Day at Ohlange High School, Inanda March 3, 2011
- South Africa To Launch National Traditional Knowledge Recording System May 14, 2013
- Tokoloshe / Tikoloshe (evil spirit) May 10, 2013
- New Manager of Durban International Film Festival Announced May 10, 2013
- IsiZulu idioms May 9, 2013
- Sounds of Durban May 8, 2013
- aphiwe: isicazelo esihle ngesiko lethu...
- Zibuyile Msani: Ngingawutholaphi umlando wakwa Msani ophelele ngic...
- bongiwe: pliz lemme knw izithakazelo zakwa Luthuli.....
- SIMPHIWE: Please kwabanolwazi ngezithakazo zakwaGama nomlan...
- Adelaide Goba: I was listening to Mr Goba,s interview,and I felt ...