Acclaimed storyteller Gcina Mhlophe will be performing at the KZNSA Gallery on Saturday 18 December, 11am. Bring the kids along to a morning of uniquely African folklore. Gcina Mhlophe’s books (Stories of Africa, Our Story Magic and Love Child) and CD (Songs and Stories of Africa) will be on sale at the KZNSA Gallery or [...]
Tag Archives | Gcina Mhlophe
Nellie Hlongwane interviews story-teller Gcina Mhlophe for the Ulwazi Programme. Born in Hammersdale Township, Durban in 1959, Gcina Mhlophe-Becker is a well-known South African freedom fighter, activist, actor, storyteller, poet, playwright, director and author. She does her most important work through charismatic performances, working to preserve storytelling as a means of keeping history alive and [...]
- Amaphupho nezincazelo zawo June 22, 2012
- Izithakazelo June 19, 2012
- Request for information on the Majola clan May 18, 2012
- Research Masters students in Local Economic Development or Idigenous Knowledge December 15, 2009
- Mafukuzela Day at Ohlange High School, Inanda March 3, 2011
- South Africa To Launch National Traditional Knowledge Recording System May 14, 2013
- Tokoloshe / Tikoloshe (evil spirit) May 10, 2013
- New Manager of Durban International Film Festival Announced May 10, 2013
- IsiZulu idioms May 9, 2013
- Sounds of Durban May 8, 2013
- Zibuyile Msani: Ngingawutholaphi umlando wakwa Msani ophelele ngic...
- bongiwe: pliz lemme knw izithakazelo zakwa Luthuli.....
- SIMPHIWE: Please kwabanolwazi ngezithakazo zakwaGama nomlan...
- Adelaide Goba: I was listening to Mr Goba,s interview,and I felt ...
- sphe: Ngcela ukwaz iythakazelo zakwa Mbuyisa...