Today is the International Day For Monuments and Sites, which is held on 18 April each year around the world with different types of activities, including visits to monuments and heritage sites, conferences, round tables and newspaper articles. The International Day for Monuments and Sites was proposed by the International Council on Monuments and Sites (ICOMOS) [...]
Tag Archives | heritage map
The Ulwazi Programme has partnered with Imagine Durban to bring heritage sites to their Green Map project. They are having a workshop next week to encourage community participation in the mapping process, see below for details. Imagine Durban invites you to a workshop and brainstorming session on how you can benefit from the eThekwini Green [...]
The Ulwazi Programme has recently launched an online, interactive heritage map of the eThekwini Municipality. Heritage sites are ‘pinned’ on the map. When clicked, the pin opens up a small window with the title, an image and short description. A ‘read more’ link takes the user to the full article on the Ulwazi Community Memory. [...]
Last Sunday we took a tour of the Marianhill Monastery in Durban. The area has a fascinating history – tied in to the Trappist Monks and their missionary work as well as being responsible for educating a number of liberation leaders. Of interest to us was the grave of Benedict Vilakazi, who was an educator and [...]
- Amaphupho nezincazelo zawo June 22, 2012
- Izithakazelo June 19, 2012
- Request for information on the Majola clan May 18, 2012
- Research Masters students in Local Economic Development or Idigenous Knowledge December 15, 2009
- Mafukuzela Day at Ohlange High School, Inanda March 3, 2011
- South Africa To Launch National Traditional Knowledge Recording System May 14, 2013
- Tokoloshe / Tikoloshe (evil spirit) May 10, 2013
- New Manager of Durban International Film Festival Announced May 10, 2013
- IsiZulu idioms May 9, 2013
- Sounds of Durban May 8, 2013
- Zibuyile Msani: Ngingawutholaphi umlando wakwa Msani ophelele ngic...
- bongiwe: pliz lemme knw izithakazelo zakwa Luthuli.....
- SIMPHIWE: Please kwabanolwazi ngezithakazo zakwaGama nomlan...
- Adelaide Goba: I was listening to Mr Goba,s interview,and I felt ...
- sphe: Ngcela ukwaz iythakazelo zakwa Mbuyisa...