This is the trailer for 'Township Yogi', a documentary filmed in KwaMashu and Inanda, KwaZulu Natal, townships riddled with crime and unemployment, and where many of the population are suffering from HIV and Aids. Research has shown that the practice of yoga may help boost immune system activity, reduce stress, improve muscle tone, combat wasting [...]
Tag Archives | inanda
An initiative of the Cultural and Heritage Tourism Programme, University of KwaZulu-Natal This interactive site is a limitless reservoir for the rich culture and heritage of eNanda (also called Inanda), a historically unique township outside Durban on the eastern seaboard of South Africa. It will be built up over time by trained volunteers, members of the community, informed outsiders and tourists who have visited eNanda. [...]
John Langalibalele Dube was a publisher, an educator, an editor and he the founder of Ohlange High School at Inanda. John Dube was also known as Mafukuzela named by the community of Inanda. Mafukuzela died on the 11th of February 1946. The Mafukuzela Day was started on the 11th of February 1958 by Reverend BK [...]
As the 2010 World Cup soccer fever grips South Africa, the Durban Tourism Unit has created a huge brand marketing presence to showcase its products and attractions during the event as a strategy to attract and increase the percentage of visitors, both foreign and domestic, to the City. The strategy also involves showcasing previously disadvantaged [...]
Mwelela Cele interviews Ela Gandhi as part of the Memories of Inanda documentary, produced for the eThekwini Municipality’s Ulwazi Programme. Ela discusses her grandfather Mahatma Gandhi, the Phoenix Settlement and her work as an activist and politician. Ela Gandhi (born July 1, 1940), granddaughter of Mahatma Gandhi is a peace activist and was a Member [...]
- Amaphupho nezincazelo zawo June 22, 2012
- Izithakazelo June 19, 2012
- Request for information on the Majola clan May 18, 2012
- Research Masters students in Local Economic Development or Idigenous Knowledge December 15, 2009
- Mafukuzela Day at Ohlange High School, Inanda March 3, 2011
- South Africa To Launch National Traditional Knowledge Recording System May 14, 2013
- Tokoloshe / Tikoloshe (evil spirit) May 10, 2013
- New Manager of Durban International Film Festival Announced May 10, 2013
- IsiZulu idioms May 9, 2013
- Sounds of Durban May 8, 2013
- Zibuyile Msani: Ngingawutholaphi umlando wakwa Msani ophelele ngic...
- bongiwe: pliz lemme knw izithakazelo zakwa Luthuli.....
- SIMPHIWE: Please kwabanolwazi ngezithakazo zakwaGama nomlan...
- Adelaide Goba: I was listening to Mr Goba,s interview,and I felt ...
- sphe: Ngcela ukwaz iythakazelo zakwa Mbuyisa...