Growing up at Isipingo Beach, CJ or ‘Roddy’ Ward as he is better known, developed a love of nature from a young age. However, Ecology was hardly known as a word let alone a subject when starting at University in 1946. Later at the University of Durban Westville, Roddy was the epitome of what a [...]
Tag Archives | living legends
Professor Himansu ‘Snowy’ Baijnath is an Honorary Research Professor in the School of Biological & Conservation Sciences at the University of KwaZulu-Natal. He has a passion for plants and conservation, which he enthusiastically shares with his students. Many of the plants that Professor Baijnath has researched are endemic to the Durban area, such as the [...]
Caroline Smart is well known in Durban’s theatre circles for her tireless contribution towards the local arts industry. She is an award winning stage, television, radio and film actress and has been involved in almost every facet of the performing arts from script writing, drama direction for stage and radio, and as a voice-over artist [...]
Unlike many academically qualified artists, Michael Paul Sibisi has continued producing and exhibiting his art, inspiring young, up-and-coming artists who have now enriched the cultural landscape of South Africa. Even as artist–in–residence under Room 13, Sibisi continues to inspire and guide many young artists who aspire to make it in the tricky world of art. [...]
Theo Bophela was immersed in a wide variety of musical genres from a very young age. After obtaining his senior certificate, a job at a radio repair workshop and exposure to jazz legends inspired him to take piano lessons and he has never looked back. During his professional career, he worked with Tom Ndaba’s Swingsters [...]
- Amaphupho nezincazelo zawo June 22, 2012
- Izithakazelo June 19, 2012
- Request for information on the Majola clan May 18, 2012
- Research Masters students in Local Economic Development or Idigenous Knowledge December 15, 2009
- Mafukuzela Day at Ohlange High School, Inanda March 3, 2011
- South Africa To Launch National Traditional Knowledge Recording System May 14, 2013
- Tokoloshe / Tikoloshe (evil spirit) May 10, 2013
- New Manager of Durban International Film Festival Announced May 10, 2013
- IsiZulu idioms May 9, 2013
- Sounds of Durban May 8, 2013
- Zibuyile Msani: Ngingawutholaphi umlando wakwa Msani ophelele ngic...
- bongiwe: pliz lemme knw izithakazelo zakwa Luthuli.....
- SIMPHIWE: Please kwabanolwazi ngezithakazo zakwaGama nomlan...
- Adelaide Goba: I was listening to Mr Goba,s interview,and I felt ...
- sphe: Ngcela ukwaz iythakazelo zakwa Mbuyisa...